Monday, March 11, 2013

Nancy-Care: Making Insurance More Affordable for Small Businesses

Nancy Clark is the owner of Glen Group, a small advertising and marketing agency in North Conway, New Hampshire, which serves people from across the state. As a small business owner, Nancy is mindful of her business� expenses, and has had to cut back where she could. But one thing that Nancy tells us she never considered cutting was the health insurance she offers to her employees.

�My personal philosophy is health care is a right and it should be affordable,� Nancy says. �So here as a very small business owner, I will always offer the mechanism by which people can have access to health care.�

The small business tax credit provided by the Affordable Care Act was important to Nancy�s company. For 2010 and 2011, the credit helped with Glen Group�s bottom line. And now that the economy and Nancy�s business are getting stronger, she says: �My hope is that in 2012 we will � take that tax credit and I would like to use it to pay down deductibles or even to pay � one co-pay or two co-pays.��

Nancy first heard about the Affordable Care Act tax credit from her accountant. Her message to other small businesses: �If you�re not aware of it, I would say absolutely ask your accountant because every tax credit is meaningful.�

�The Affordable Care Act from a small business perspective to me is a step in the right direction, and I�m delighted by that,� Nancy tells us. �The health care law matters. It makes a difference in my life.� And in the lives of her employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment